Research and practice
Recent and upcoming events and performances are listed over here.
- Weaving codes – coding weaves, Principal Investigator of an AHRC Digital Transformations Amplification project running for 18 months from September 2014.
- Research Fellow in Human/Technology Interface and Deputy Director of ICSRiM, School of Music, University of Leeds. Part of the Culture, Society and Innovation Hub.
- The Live Coding Research Network funded by the AHRC, co-lead with Thor Magnusson
- Weaving code: learning computer programming through pattern and craft, a collaborative project with Becky Parry, Kia Ng, LoveBytes and ArtBoat. This is spun off from a research theme lead by Ellen Harlizius-Klück, who is a project partner along with Dave Griffiths.
- slub live ambient gabba with Ade Ward and Dave Griffiths
- A Sound and Music Composer-Curatorship from March 2014-March 2015
- Sound Choreography <> Body Code, a live coding + live choreography project with Kate Sicchio
- Canute, a live coding + v-drum project with Matthew Yee-King
- Hession/McLean Duo, a free jazz improv project with Paul Hession
- Declaration Kriol, giving voice to an avatar with the roots band Rafiki Jazz
- Silicone Bake with Jake Harries
- dorkbotsheffield (and formerly dorkbotlondon) meetings
- TOPLAP organisation for promotion of live algorithm programming, with many others
- Communications with EunJoo, Shin
- Chordpunch recordings with Nick Collins
- Algorave with whoever will listen
- Live Notation with Hester Reeve, funded by the AHRC